Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DIY Unity Candles - 123 Days!

Hey ya'll!

Last night Dustin and I spent some time in Madison. We picked out and ordered his wedding ring (hurray! That tax return came just in time), then spent some time at Hobby Lobby (after enjoying Orange Julius in the food court).
Silly in the food court :)
Dustin and I agreed that we wanted to have a unity candle in our wedding ceremony. Naturally, I have been keeping my eyes out for deals in that realm! We happened to hit up Hobby Lobby when candles were 50% off! We purchased a tall cylindrical vanilla candle that is Ivory for only $3.15! We also purchased 12 taper candles for $3.68, but we are planning to only use 2 of them for the wedding, so I'm only counting it in our budget as $.63 :) Got that totaled up yet? Yeah, you smarty pants, it IS $4.41!


I plan to make our unity candle beautiful through the application of photoshop and a printer. Some ribbon will also come in handy! I think it would be neat to have some Bible verses on the velum along with our names, a big and beautiful W and the date. But...we'll see! I'm not 100% on it myself yet (plus I'm letting Dustin have some say in this ;) )

So, right now what is my savings estimate on a unity candle? The unity candles I see online that I like cost near $20! And that is before the glass holders (which I plan to pick up at goodwill or garage sales for cheap!). Over $15 extra clinking in my pocket sounds good to me!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, you amaze me and actually make it so I want to be a DIY bride (when the time comes.)
    I love reading about all the deals you are finding and about the time that you are spending together! Love that! *Tell Dustin that I am proud of him and his help towards the wedding*

    ReplyDelete