Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The bargain of a centruy - 122 Days

So, what is the latest bargain? :)

Today I went shopping with my Mom, Aunt and Sister at the Dig & Save St. Vincent De Paul store in Madison. Now, this isn't just a normal regular thrift shop. This place is hard core. If you don't dig through piles and piles of stuff...you don't want it.


Thant is just in the clothing/linens area. You should see the back are that is filled with games, toys, glassware, furniture, etc. It would blow your mind. No, really.

MOVING ON.


The bargain! In the back area, we found piles and piles and piles of glassware to use at the reception! I purchased 44 lbs of glass! Now, the important part! How much did it cost? Any guesses? If you guessed $0.35 per pound, you were right! Now, if you are a math genius (I'm not), you'd know that the grand total would come to $15.40 (sans tax. Add tax and you've got $16.25). I didn't do an exact count on the number of vases and candle holders...but I'm very nearly set for all of my glass needs. It's pretty darn exciting! We even found some beautiful raised cake stands that will be used for serving desserts :)


Isn't it amazing? Plus...it's FUN!! :)

On a side note, Dustin and I signed the lease for our Apartment today! He will be able to move in by the 11th! Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. Here's your comment for the day! I have never heard of a dig and save. Sounds like a nightmare, but for you it was beautiful. Can't wait to see what the end result looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes, good old Dig N Save! So glad you had a successful day! (Hope you washed your hands after being in there!)

    God bless you as you move ahead with your preparations. This is truly a wonderful season. I am glad that you are enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete