Thursday, May 3, 2012

Evaluating the glassware - 121 dias (fancy word for days!)

Today was a quiet day here in the land of weddings.

This morning my mom, sister and I worked together and washed every piece of glass that I bought yesterday! I was also able to categorize all of the things I'd got, and make a total price count :)


To begin things, I took every candle holder that had a yucky candle in it and melted all of the wax out. Kinda looked lava lamp like!


The set up...a knife and boiling water.


We have a bookshelf in our basement now dedicated to the storage of glass!
I purchased a total of 53 pieces for the wedding which made every piece cost $0.30! I would most definitely call that a budget bride deal!!


Yesterday I made a stop at Hobby Lobby to pick up some candles with a 40% off coupon (great deal, by the way) and intentionally sought out vases that were similar in shape to mine. Regularly they cost $5! I had a total of 15 vases, which would have amounted to $75! 


I also found those cute dessert stands yesterday too. I love them! I'm so excited to find more! 

I really am enjoying finding all of the mis-matched glass for the decor. I can't wait to post about more! I am going garage saleing with my mom tomorrow and on Saturday. Hopefully we'll find more awesomely fantastic deals! (I definitely plan to milk the "I'm getting married!!" thing when I ask for less on a price!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow.... This is going to be the most unique (and beautiful) weddings EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete