Sunday, April 29, 2012

Invitations! 125 days...

So, yesterday I went on and on about the high cost of sending out everything that is somewhat standard to today's weddings.

I started looking into purchasing Invitations to our wedding this week. I was sure that I could find something that was appealing to the frugal side of me. But after hours of searching and looking for something that would cost me under $1, I was sorely disappointed. I had already been playing with the idea of designing and making my own invitations. But the idea of spending close to $200 alone on paper was definitely a push in that direction.

I fell in love with this invitation. It has become my inspiration for my own!

In the last few days I have put a lot of time and effort into researching costs of supplies, and dreaming of exactly what I want the invitations to look like. Friday I ran into an amazing website called WeddingChicks.com and all of their amazing Freebies!

Today, Dustin and I purchased all of the supplies we needed to start making our invitations. Come back tomorrow to see the total price break down!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this! We didn't make our own, but did stick to the basics and only spent about $70 on the invites, plus postage:) no need for all of those silly extras! We have social media nowadays to get info out to people!

    ReplyDelete