Tuesday, April 24, 2012

130 days...

Did ya hear that? Only (HA!) 130 days left til the wedding!

Yesterday I got something exciting in the mail...

Parried Goose Feathers
Feathers! I purchased parried goose feathers from Fabulous Feathers last week and have been anxiously awaiting their arrival. I will be turning them into flowers for the bouquets. I'm estimating getting 4 flowers out of each color...which would make these the most expensive flowers in my bouquet! Oh well...they will be pretty incredible when they're done! :)

Wedding Bouquet from Jewel Box Ballerina
This is the inspiration for my finished bouquets. I did purchase the tutorial...I have it written down as a business expense since I've been considering going into the flower making business after this wedding is all said and done! I really like everything on the Jewel Box Ballerina website. I can highly recommend what I've used so far (I bought the Wedding Bouquet Fabric Flower Tutorial).

I can't wait to see all of that organza turned into flowers!
Today I'm meeting with my future mother-in-law, Rita, to work on the guest list! Between Dustin and I (and my rather large family), we know a LOT of people. It will definitely be fun! I am also picking up my engagement ring from the jewelers. Getting it back on my hand will be pretty fantastic :) After that, I'm getting a much needed manicure from a childhood friend...so it will be a great day!

1 comment:

  1. How did the guest listing go? That was hard for us since our family is so large & we couldn't afford to pay for travel or to feed a lot of people at our reception - though your situation is a bit different (like most of your family not needing to travel across country for the wedding, etc...). And your kitchen at home has 2 ovens, if I'm remembering correctly - if you're doing your own cooking. Speaking of that, you might want to talk to Nora about your menu - she has a lot of experience with menu planning and cooking in large quantities.

    ReplyDelete