Saturday, April 21, 2012

133 Days...

Ok, I know some people might call me insane, but I'll call them crazy and myself crafty! Does that work!? No? Alright...I can be insane, that's cool!

I am an avid pinner on Pinterest (haven't seen pinterest yet? You're the insane one now!)...every girl should have a wedding board, whether she is married or not! I saw this incredible bouquet in my early pinning days:


This woman's stuff is amazing. Check her out! If you hadn't noticed the price though on these exquisite bouquets though, they aren't very nice for the budget savvy bride. I did some research online to see how labor intensive it would be to make my own silk flowers. While seemingly simple, I knew it would take me a long time to hand craft every last bloom for my big day. So, what did I do? I tripped my way out the door to the craft store! Hobby Lobby and Michael's unarguably carry the best kinds of silk flowers...but I saw nothing that inspired me. Not to mention the $4.99 price PER STEM!! Even if I bought all my stems at 50% off, a single bouquet was going to run me $15-$20 each!


I went home thoroughly enlightened in my floral search. Did I sacrifice my dream flowers AND my budget for craft store silk flowers, or decide to invest countless hours into the making of my own florals?


I chose the latter.


So far I have invested approximately $27 into the making of flowers. While I don't have many made yet (5 large blooms and 8 filler flowers), my mom had a ton of supplies sitting in the basement just waiting for my use. All of the centers in my flowers will be vintage jewelry that has been thrifted or gifted from family. And, nothing will be bought not on sale or without a coupon!


My goal flower budget is $100. But...I am going to see how big of a bang my buck can make! Am I still insane? Expect more posts on flower making. It seems to be a major driving force in wedding planning right now!

3 comments:

  1. I have "centers" for you and netting. I am gathering items that will fit your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma Jean is amazing! <3 Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete