Friday, April 27, 2012

Budget Review - 127 days.



So, it's time to introduce my blog's first page!

My Budget

Here, I'll be updating the current total of my budget. I will try and keep it up to date on a weekly basis, since I'm planning on having a Friday budget review day!

Week 1:

Feathers $18.00
Flower Supplies $8.29
Organza for Flowers $31.92
Shoes $14.00
Crinoline $25.00
Earrings (2 sets) $3.95
Total $101.26


Obviously, my two expense categories this week have been clothing/accessories and floral. I'm hoping that this is expanded next week!



The last week I have been contemplating sending out the ever popular "Save-The-Date" cards. I think they are the coolest and cutest things ever, but are they practical for a DIY bride on a budget?
The short answer is, maybe. I personally think it depends on the time frame of your wedding, as well as your budget. If you think down the road of postage...if you include save-the-date cards, wedding invitations and rsvp cards as well as thank you notes...you're talking about buying 4 sets of postage per family/couple you invite. With postage rates the way they are...we are talking at least $1.67, before you purchase your paper products!

Anyways. I decided that on my $1,500 budget and the possibility of sending out over 100 invitations, I can't afford over $200 in postage. What is my plan around this?

  1. Dustin and I are creating a wedding website. We can cut down on $.32 per invite by asking people to rsvp online. 
  2. All of the people who we really want to attend our wedding already know the wedding date. Save-the-dates aren't going to help the people who already have plans to be out of town. Let's cross off another $.45. (I'm probably going to send out email save the dates to guests who's email addresses I have too. I know there are people who don't like this idea, but I think I'm gonna do it anyway.)
So, what is $1.67 with $.77 taken away? $.90! Now we are talking closer to $110. I can definitely do that!

I'm starting to investigate wedding invitations right now. Stay tuned for my plan on saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment