Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blessings...45 Days to Go!

I can hardly believe that the wedding is less than 7 weeks away!

I've been doing a lot of thinking today. If you live here in the area, you know that this summer is one of the driest times we've seen in years. Everything is dying and shriveling up. In short, the green, lush yard I dreamed of getting married in...yeah. Not happening. (Unless, of course, the weather decides to be bipolar! It is welcome by me!)

Today I went into the library to cool off and read the tabloids (I rarely do this...but I'll admit that this Katie Holmes vs. Tom Cruise debacle is too interesting to resist.), and I saw that the new issue of Brides magazine was on the shelf! Naturally, I flipped through it to see if there was any little tidbits I could glean from it's pages.  I came across an article that talked about how all brides have issues with their guest lists, and normally are forced into some sort of compromise over their dream wedding.

Do they like the compromise? Not at first. But when asked how their wedding turned out, it was always better than she ever could have imagined.

So am I going to be upset and dejected that because I'm getting married this summer I get dead grass?

NOPE!

(But feel free to rain on my parade!)

I don't like to post without a picture. I took this one in our very dry prarie on Monday!

1 comment: